Welcome to Farmleigh House & Estate
We are delighted to welcome you back to Farmleigh and have taken the necessary measures to ensure that everyone’s visit is as safe and enjoyable as possible.
• Until Farmleigh House reopens an alternative outdoor tour is available.
• Tickets currently available from the Motorhouse (Ticket Office) and will be available online soon.
Farmleigh Estate Grounds
Farmleigh Estate opens at 10.00 hrs Monday to Sunday inclusive.
October – March: Last entry to the estate is at 17.00 hrs.
October – March: Farmleigh Estate closes at 18.00 hrs.
April – September: Last entry to the estate is 20.00 hrs.
April – September: Farmleigh Estate closes at 21.00 hrs.
Please note that BBQs are not allowed on the Farmleigh grounds. Dogs are welcome but must be kept on leads as we have horses, donkeys, and cattle on the grounds.
Click here for opening hours for the Boathouse Restaurant.
For all our safety please follow these guidelines.
When you arrive
• A queuing system will be in operation when buying tickets.
• Tickets are issued on a first-come-first serve basis.
• Please use contactless card payment whenever possible.
During your visit
• If you’re showing any of the symptoms of COVID 19, or if you’ve been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit at this time.
• Follow social distancing and government guidance when onsite.
• In line with current government guidance, our staff are not currently obliged to wear face masks. Visitors may choose to do so.
• Current toilet facilities are portaloos for visitors.
• Unfortunately, we do not have cloakroom / locker facilities or storage area for pushchairs / prams.
• At present, the Boathouse Café is open for takeaway snacks and drinks.
• Children must be supervised at all times.
• Please have your dog on a lead.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01 815 5914.
We are urging everyone to stay local, avoid busy places and continue to follow government advice on social distancing. Together we can make the visit of Farmleigh House & Estate safe & enjoyable.
Farmleigh Outdoor Tour
Daily guided tours of the grounds are available from Monday to Sunday between 10.00 and 17.30 with the last tour at 16.30.
Farmleigh Guided Outdoor Tour Admissions Charges:
Senior (60+): €4.00
Child (12-17)/Student (ID required): €3.00
Child under 12: Free
Family (Two adults, max five children): €13.00
The average length of a tour is 45 – 55 minutes. For more information on tours please click here.
*Please note that because Farmleigh is a working Government building, the Estate may close at short notice. You can contact us for updates in advance of your visit, or check the front page of this website for notices.
Farmleigh House is currently closed
Access to Farmleigh House is by guided tour. Guided tours of Farmleigh House are available on a first come, first serve basis between 10.00 hrs and 17.30 hrs with the last entry at 16.30 hrs.
Farmleigh House Admissions Charges:
Senior (60+): €6.00
Child (12-17)/Student (ID required): €4.00
Child under 12: Free
Family (Two adults, max five children): €20.00
Click here for information on tours in Farmleigh House.
*Please note that because Farmleigh is a working Government building, the House may close at short notice. You can contact us for updates in advance of your visit, or check the front page of this website for notices.
The Gallery is open from Tuesday to Sunday (and Bank Holiday Mondays) from 10am to 5pm. From 1pm to 2pm, the Gallery closes for lunch.
There is free admission to Farmleigh Gallery. Click here to access the Farmleigh Gallery web pages.
The Benjamin Iveagh Library
The Library is visited briefly as part of a general tour of Farmleigh House (described above). This allows the visitor to view the Library room, but not consult with any of the books.
To visit the Library as a Reader, please click here for rules of admission. Access is by special appointment only.