Experience Japan Hanami Festival Day
Sunday 23rd April, 12 to 4pm
Farmleigh House & Estate.
Join members of Dublin's Japanese community and Dublin based groups interested in Japanese culture to celebrate a Hanami (Cherry Blossom) Festival.
Hanami is an annual event in Japan where friends and family come together for outdoor parties to welcome spring and celebrate nature.
- Taiko drum performances
- Martial Arts demonstrations
- Music and Dance with a fusion of Japanese and Irish performances
- Origami and craft workshops
- Yo-Yo fishing and other fun activities for children
- Cosplay fashions framed with traditional Kimono displays
- Soran Bushi dancing
- Japanese food stalls
Performances at Experience Japan Hanami Festival Day on Sunday 23rd April 2017
- 12:00 Introduce to Experience Japan 2017 with Taiko and J-Pop dance
- 13:00 Children’s performance / Japanese traditional dance / Irish modern music band / Shamisen (Japanese string instrument) / Cosplay
- 14:30 Welcome performance with EJ & Kids Taiko fusion of Bodhran & dance / Bodhran music / Soranbushi
- 15:45 Japanese Matsuri Grand Finale
This event is supported by Dublin City Council, the Office of Public Works and the Embassy of Japan in Ireland.